Ready to harvest in just 6-10 days after planting, broccoli microgreens have have incredibly high nutritional content compared to the broccoli crowns. Its crunchy texture and unique flavor add freshness to your food. You can top it on your sandwiches, meat and egg dishes, smoothies, salads, soups etc. For home gardeners, broccoli microgreens are the simplest to grow. Broccoli microgreens are a fantastic food for children due to many nutrients like vitamins and antioxidants. Broccoli microgreens nutrition can play an essential role in boosting a child’s immune system by protecting against viruses and free radicals. In addition, broccoli microgreens contain sulforaphane, one of the critical micronutrients in fighting cancer. The nutrition in broccoli microgreens is tremendous and include vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, macro-elements calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous, and micro-elements iron, copper, and zinc. Even more broccoli microgreens benefits include reversing chronic illnesses such as heart disease and type II diabetes.
Extremely easy and fast growing, good for beginners and children. Can be grown outside or potted inside on a windowsill. For continuous harvest plant seeds every few days. Super easy to grow.
1. Soak seeds overnight to speed up the germination process.
2. Select appropriate container. A clean deli container with holes punched at the bottom is ideal for growing microgreens.
3. Pour fine-textured potting mix into the container.
4. Scatter seeds thickly over the moist soil.
5. Cover the container with a dark lid that has plenty of small holes to allow good air circulation. Check on the germinating seeds daily, and moisten the soil when necessary.
6. After 3-4 days, remove the dark lid and pick a bright location for the container. A south facing windosill where microgreens can get plenty of natural sunlight is ideal.
7. Give an emerging microgreens enough-but not too much-water. The soil should always be moist, but never flooded with water.
8. Once microgreens are a few inches tall and have developed small leaves, they are ready for harvest. To harvest the crop, use sharp kitchen scissors or a clean knife to cut microgreens close to the soil. Rinse and use seedling immediately, or store them in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.
The TSM Guarantee: It's our promise to ensure that all our products are strictly Non-GMO, and free from any possible harmful chemical compounds. All come from trusted and carefully selected small non commercial farmers worldwide providing fresh, safe supply.