Organic, fast and easy growing microgreen variety with a mild, sweet, broccoli and cabbage-like flavour. Fresh and crisp, it goes especially well in salads, sandwiches, egg dishes, soups, meat dishes, adding a great nutritional value too. Especially rich in Vit A, C, E, Beta-carotenes, potassium and Iron. 3-5 days to sprouts and 6-12 days to microgreens. Easy to grow for kids. Red and violet stems with variegated shades of green leaves adds a fantastic touch to variety of dishes! A very popular seed to add to microgreen mixes. Pairs well with other brassicas and radish. Makes a fantastic garnish!
1. Soak seeds overnight to speed up the germination process.
2. Select appropriate container. A clean deli container with holes punched at the bottom is ideal for growing microgreens.
3. Pour fine-textured potting mix into the container.
4. Scatter seeds thickly over the moist soil.
5. Cover the container with a dark lid that has plenty of small holes to allow good air circulation. Check on the germinating seeds daily, and moisten the soil when necessary.
6. After 3-4 days, remove the dark lid and pick a bright location for the container. A south facing windosill where microgreens can get plenty of natural sunlight is ideal.
7. Give an emerging microgreens enough-but not too much-water. The soil should always be moist, but never flooded with water.
8. Once microgreens are a few inches tall and have developed small leaves, they are ready for harvest. To harvest the crop, use sharp kitchen scissors or a clean knife to cut microgreens close to the soil. Rinse and use seedling immediately, or store them in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.
All our seeds are strictly Non-GMO, Untreated, Free of any possible harmful chemical compounds. All come from trusted and carefully selected small, non-commercial farmers worldwide that provide fresh, safe supply.*