Ready to harvest in just 5-8 days basil microgreens add a fantastic, flavourful and fragrant touch to variety of dishes. Loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, provides valuable source of nutrition year round. Extremely easy and fast growing, good for beginners and children. Can be grown outside or potted inside on a windowsill. For continuous harvest plant seeds every few days. Super easy to grow.
1. Soak seeds overnight to speed up the germination process.
2. Select appropriate container. A clean deli container with holes punched at the bottom is ideal for growing microgreens.
3. Pour fine-textured potting mix into the container.
4. Scatter seeds thickly over the moist soil.
5. Cover the container with a dark lid that has plenty of small holes to allow good air circulation. Check on the germinating seeds daily, and moisten the soil when necessary.
6. After 3-4 days, remove the dark lid and pick a bright location for the container. A south facing windosill where microgreens can get plenty of natural sunlight is ideal.
7. Give an emerging microgreens enough-but not too much-water. The soil should always be moist, but never flooded with water.
8. Once microgreens are a few inches tall and have developed small leaves, they are ready for harvest. To harvest the crop, use sharp kitchen scissors or a clean knife to cut microgreens close to the soil. Rinse and use seedling immediately, or store them in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.