Organic, fast and easy growing microgreen variety providing a delicate flavor and fine, feather-like texture. Great addition to various meals for a unqiue, delicate effect. Takes 16-25 days to mature.
1. Select appropriate container. A clean deli container with holes punched at the bottom is ideal for growing microgreens.
2. Pour fine-textured potting mix into the container.
3. Scatter seeds thickly over the moist soil.
4. Cover the container with a dark lid that has plenty of small holes to allow good air circulation. Check on the germinating seeds daily, and moisten the soil when necessary.
5. After 3-4 days, remove the dark lid and pick a bright location for the container. A south facing windosill where microgreens can get plenty of natural sunlight is ideal.
6. Give an emerging microgreens enough-but not too much-water. The soil should always be moist, but never flooded with water.
7. Once microgreens are a few inches tall and have developed small leaves, they are ready for harvest. To harvest the crop, use sharp kitchen scissors or a clean knife to cut microgreens close to the soil. Rinse and use seedling immediately, or store them in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.